City Berlin WI 54923 is located in Waushara County, in Aurora Township and Green Lake County in Berlin Township, Central Wisconsin. This area features Fox River, Serveral Town Parks, River Side Park, Mascouin Golf Club, Berlin Fen State Natural Area, Public Land, Trout Streams, Public Hunting Grounds, Shopping, Restaurants, Schools, Willow Creek Fishery Area, White River Marsh Wildlife Area, REM Fox River Eureka Locks, Koro Railroad Priarie SNA and much more… The general area is mostly farmland with wetlands and some woods with the Fox River winding through the country side. The City of Berlin is a midsize community with a population a little over 5,500 and it's home to the school district and a branch of Girl Scouts of America.
Photos, Pictures & Images
Berlin WI Photos
Berlin WI Map
City of Berlin Quick Facts
- Waushara County in Aurora Township and Green Lake County in Berlin Township.
- Area: 6.4 sq. miles
- General Size of City – Around 5,500+ people according to United States Census Bureau.
- Main Area Waters – Fox River, Willow Creek Trout Stream, Auroraville Millpond, Barns Creek, Green Lake, Rush Lake and Lake Poygan
- Area Features: Schools, Post Office, Banks, Shopping, Churches, Bars, Cafes, Gas Stations, Snowmobiling, Campgrounds, Water Parks, Gift Shops, Health Care, Public Land,
- Known for the Area Shopping Center, Town Parks and the Wisconsin River plus the Clock Tower on Main Street.
- Area Terrain – Mostly Farmland, Flatter Terrain, Wetlands and some Woods / Forest with Fox River running through the area…
- Area Code - 920
- Zip Code - 54923
- State Highway 49 & 91
- County Road – X, XX & F
- School District – Berlin
- Classified as a City
- History – Founded in 1857 and the Post Office started operations in 1848.
- Green Lake
- Poy Sippi
- Willow Creek - trout stream
- Mill Pond
- Fox River
- Barns Creek
- Drainage Ditches
- Unnamed Creeks
- Green Lake
- Rush Lake
- Lake Poygan
- There are a couple Boat Launches on the Fox River
- Mills Pond Boat Launch & Otto Brey Park
- Berlin Airfield
- Broken Prop Airfield
- Mill Pond Boat Launch
- Willow Creek Fishery Area
- White River Marsh Wildlife Area
- Upper Fox River Public Access
- Berlin Fen State Natural Area
- REM-Fox River Eureka Locks
- Koro Railroad Prairie State Natural Area
- Riverside Park
- Nathan Strong Park
- Forsyth Park
- Longcroft Park
- Firefighter's Park
- Volunteer Park
- Mound Street Park
- Berlin Locks
Aurora Township is located in Waushara County, Central Wisconsin with the smaller north part of Berlin in it and the southern larger part in Green Lake County. Most of this area is large acreages except for properties around Fox River and Mill Pond. There are a lot of wetlands and drainage ditches cutting through the country side. Besides the park / boat launch at Mill Pond there isn’t much for public land in this area. On the east side of the pond is a small town called Auroraville. There is how ever a good side intersection formed by State Highway 21 & 49 with some commercial properties on the corners. In this area you’ll find lots of lowlands, farmlands with some scatted batches of woods.
Waushara County, WI is located between Adams and Waupaca in the central part of the state along Lake Poygan. Waushara is known for its farming, Amish communities, boating, fishing, hunting, biking, hiking, arts, culture, golfing, rolling terrain, spring fed lakes, parks, public lake, wildlife, bird watching, snowmobiling, skiing, ice skating which also has Plainfield Tunnel Channel Lakes State Natural Area, Ice Age Trail, Greenwood State Wildlife Refuge, Mecan Springs, State Natural Area, Upper Fox Headwaters State Natural Area, Lunch Creek Wetlands State Natural Area, Silver Lake, Irogami Lake, Mecan River plus a couple communities including; Plainfield, Coloma, Richford, Spring Lake, Redgranite, Wild Rose, Saxeville, Poy Sippi and Wautoma. It's surrounded by 6 other Counties; Portage, Waupaca, Winnebago, Green Lake, Marquette and Adams. On this page you'll find links for more detail information including tourism, things to do, places to go, visitor information, sporting events, lakes, rustic roads, farmers markets, parks, camping, fishing, hunting, snowmobiling, ATVing, outdoor recreation and more… Waushara County has 18 Townships.
https://berlinchamber.net/ - Berlin Chamber of Commerce
http://www.berlin.k12.wi.us/ - Berlin Area School District
https://cityofberlin.net - City Website
Cabins & Homes for Sale by Berlin WI
Acreage & Land for Sale by Berlin Wisconsin
Commercial Property & Businesses for Sale